Relax on a 45-minute calm water riverboat cruise through the world’s most ancient rainforest and enjoy commentary about river life.
Tour Times: 10:45 AM, 11:45 AM, 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM
Duration: 45-minute cruise + lunch, village, other attractions (see itinerary)
Capacity: 30 passengers max.
Tours are subject to river conditions and group bookings.
- Visit the beautiful village in the rainforest of Kuranda, nestled amongst pristine World Heritage Listed Rainforest. Sit back and relax as our knowledgeable and friendly coach driver guide gives an entertaining interpretation of the region and points of interest along the way. On the return journey by coach, we make a brief stop at Henry Ross Lookout to enjoy the breathtaking scenery. This tour allows travellers to spend four and a half hours in Kuranda, plenty of time to truly enjoy all that Kuranda has to offer.
- Whilst in Kuranda, you will enjoy a relaxing 45-minute cruise on the Barron River on the Kuranda Riverboat. The commentary highlights various aspects of the world’s most ancient tropical rainforest in Australia, river life, and the history of Kuranda. The river is home to a host of wildlife including freshwater crocodiles, turtles, snakes, fish, and birds. Occasionally a wild cassowary may be spotted on the edge of the rainforest. All tours on the Kuranda Riverboat are subject to seasonal river conditions and group bookings.
- Enjoy lunch at the historic Kuranda Hotel. (Choose from a hamburger or veggie burger and chips, or fish and chips with half pint of beer or soft drink.)
- You have plenty of time to explore the other attractions in Kuranda such as the Kuranda Koala Gardens, Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary including the markets, shops, and walking trails.
Tour operates daily (except Christmas Day)
Consider adding a Guided Rainforest Walk with tea/coffee and cake, or a visit to the Kuranda Koala Gardens or Birdworld. Make the most of your time by experiencing the best things to do in Kuranda on this tour!
- 08:30 Pick-up from Cairns
- 09:00 Departs from Cairns City, head to Train Station and Skyrail Station before going up to Kuranda
- 10:00 Arrive Kuranda, you have about 4.5 hours free time in Kuranda
- 15:00 Depart from Kuranda, we make a brief stop at Henry Ross Lookout
- 15:30 Pick-up customers at Smithfield station (bus may stop here for 15 minutes)
- 16:00 Drop-off customers back to hotels
Pick up from major hotels in Cairns. Northern Beaches pick-up is not available for this tour